Wow, so much to tell and so overwhelmed! Let’s just say I may need a week or two to catch up, but I’m on it, and eventually, it’ll all get done. Here’s a quick bullet point list of things I need to share with you.
- Went to Vino Ãƒâ€°lite and had a great time meeting some new bodegas and tasting some interesting wines.
- Interviewed Alexandra Schmedes of Bodegas Ercavío, a winery that recently scored some impressive “Parker Points” and whose wines were truly amazing
- Attended a tasting of 9 different Fondillons, where each producer spoke a little about their methodology in making this “lost wine”.
- Attended an event hosted by Verema where I tasted incredible German, New Zealand, French, Swiss, and of course, Spanish wines.
- Finally, Gabriella joined me in Madrid where we attended a fun event hosted by Notes from Spain in Madrid. The Great Madrid Escape was a chance for forum participants to come together and finally place the physical person with their avatar. We had a great time!
So there you go. Right now I’m editing audio, video and tasting notes, so please have some patience with me. Gabriella will have a new entry to her reading adventure coming soon, and Adrienne may have a tasting note or two on some high end Cavas to share. So, stay tuned!