This weeks Wine Blog Wednesday is hosted by Tim of Winecast.net and his choice of themes was wines under 12.5% alcohol. I decided that since Tim was part of my inspiration to get into podcasting that I would record a short wrap up of my tasting instead of just writing about it. Enjoy the Podcast and check out the links below.
Footnote: I mentioned that the theme was low-alcohol wines, I was wrong. The theme is l ow alcohol reds, only!
- The Consejo Regulador for Getariako Txakolina: Getariako Txakolina
- A bit about the bodega that makes the wine: Talai Berri
- My tasting note for the Red Txakoli: 2005 Talai Berri Getariako Txakolina Txakolin Beltza
- The Cheese I talked about: Idiazabal – Sheeps milk cheese, raw, aged 4-5 months – Producer: Aizpaa
- Great info on Producing Idiazabal
- Search here for other Txacoli tasting notes: Txakoli Tasting Notes
- Search for Txakoli’s to buy on wine-searcher: Txakoli wines
- Information about the Catavino/Planetavino/Restaurante Memento dinner: Spanish Wine Dinner