When most people think of the Basque Country, they think of Spain. Bilbao began the Guggenheim effect; San Sebastian boasted of their Michelin stars; and Pamplona had their brawling bulls. But the Basque Country is made up of seven provinces, three of which are in southwestern France.
During this luxurious weekend escape, you’ll not only explore Sare, France, categorized as one of the most beautiful villages in the world, but also San Sebastian and its surrounding villages. Here, you’ll not only explore phenomenal regional Txakoli wines, but also exquisite dishes like premium Galician beef (chuleta) served with just the right amount of sear, alongside a pile of crisp fries and a side salad; Marmitako – a flavorful stew with tender chunks of tuna steak, tomato sauce and caramelized onion; and Xistorra – a perfectly seared Basque sausage often served as a Pintxo. And of course, let’s not forget the piles of fresh seafood and grilled fish!
Come join us for an unforgettable weekend away in Spain’s northern Basque Country!
- 1 night w/ breakfast at a boutique B&B in Sare
- 1 night w/ breakfast at 5* Hotel in San Sebastian
- Private Airport transfers with an English speaking driver
- Private Guided day trip with lunch to Biarritz and Boutique Txacoli wine producers (lunch incl)
- Private Guided day trip of Spanish Basque fishing villages Guipuzcoa and Zarautz (lunch incl)