Catavino takes enormous pride in our tailormade tours throughout Spain and Portugal, which is why we value agents so highly. With your savvy understanding of the client’s needs, and our 30+ years of combined experience, together – we will create the perfect experience.
- Single & Multi-day Luxury Tours
- Private Regatta, River, and Yacht Cruises
- Photography and Nature Tours
- Art and Culture Tours
- Hiking, Rafting, Sailing and Kayaking Excursions
- Artisan Food and Wine Workshops & Private Cooking Classes
- Exclusive and Private Winery Visits with Premium Wine Tastings
- Olive Oil, Cheese, Chocolate & additional Culinary Tastings Shore Excursions
More about Catavino
- Based in Porto, and co-founded by two Americans, Catavino is an incoming travel agency and DMC offering services all over Spain and Portugal.
- Our team is comprised of Americans living in both Spain and Portugal, and multilingual local staff who are dedicated to luxury tourism, event management, travel writing and investigation.
- Charismatic and professional guides include: sommeliers, chefs, winemakers, art historians, top local resident guides, artisans, grandmothers and a range of lovely people who take joy in making your experience memorable.
- We work with travel advisors to create a seamless trip for their clients. Want us to be in the background? We are happy to provide travel documents with your agency’s logo.
- Besides luxury accommodation at top hotels, we can also arrange stays at exclusive, private properties typically closed off to the public. Our itineraries are personalized to meet the needs of each of our guests, their activity level and special interests.
- We work with top English speaking drivers who know the lay of the land and how to treat a VIP client.
- We do our own research and regularly travel around Spain and Portugal meeting up with suppliers, checking out new hotels and looking for great experiences for our guests.
Read our FAQ page for more information on how Catavino can work with you!
Our Tours Team
Co-Founder and CEO
Ryan Opaz is the “wine guy” of Catavino, having spent over a decade touring, discovering and speaking about the lifeblood of Iberia. Ryan is not your “average guide”. His experiences, much like his personality, are dynamic, engaging and unforgettable. Sharing a wine with Ryan is not just curing a parched palate but sharing stories and experiences from his past 11 years searching out new flavors.
Assistant Tours Coordinator
Since 2006, Ana Abreu has worked in luxury tourism for Signature Travel. Dedicated exclusively to Portugal, her passion is to find not only memorable experiences for her clients, but hidden treasures off the traditional tourism route. Ana prides herself on her efficiency, accuracy, reliability and consistency. “If there’s one thing the Portuguese do well, it’s hospitality, and I’m no exception. From the moment you step off that plane, I want to ensure you’re falling in love with my country.”
Get In Touch With Us
Do you need help with a tour in Spain or Portugal? Simply fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. To receive monthly highlights, tips and itinerary suggestions throughout Iberia make sure to tick the “agent’s newsletter” box.