Azores Nature Tour
PORTUGAL , PRIVATE , ADVENTURE
Your exotic five day tour will explore the largest – and one of the greenest – of the nine islands, São Miguel: where quaint architecture belies hidden crater lakes, steaming hot springs, gentle ocean swells and jaw-dropping views. And like much of mainland Portugal, the landscape and weather are completely unpredictable, but that only adds to its charm. Starting from the capital of Ponta Delgada, you’ll visit native pineapple plantations and climb to the top of Mirador do Rei (King’s Belvedere) just above Sete Cidades where you can take in forest-clad cliffs, majestic fields and above all else, the glorious twin lakes. In the Furnas Valley, you’ll bathe in one of the 20 bubbling hot springs, take in the volcanic botanical garden, savor earth-fired stew called Cocido, and canoe the glassy waters of the crater lake. Finally, you’ll have a leisurely hike up Monte Escuro that offers spectacular views of Fogo Lake. For the nature or botanical lover, get ready to explore one of the most undiscovered natural wonders in Europe.
- Spend four nights in a newly opened five star hotel overlooking the sea
- Guided full day tour of 7 Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo
- Canoe the crystalline waters of Furnas Lake
- Enjoy a traditional cozido lunch cooked within the earth
- Bathe in one of 20 natural thermal baths
- Guided tour of Terra Nostra Park – São Miguel’s prized Botanical Garden
- Guided hike of Monte Escuro
- Half day private boat cruise, wine tasting and regional lunch
Azores Nature Tour
- Style: PRIVATE
- Theme: ADVENTURE
- Region: PORTUGAL
- Duration:5 DAYS
- Price per person:INQUIRE
Book this Tour now!
looking for the very best food and wine experiences.
Since 2005, Catavino has been exploring the Iberian Peninsula looking for the very best food and wine experiences.