If you’re craving a vivacious botanical garden of volcanic soil where shoots permeate from even the smallest of surfaces, you’ll adore Madeira. This incredibly verdant island is bursting with mutlicolored camellias, waterfall laden cliffs and enough picturesque little villages to put Lord of the Rings to shame. And though the sea caters well to those who crave coastal attractions, it’s Madeira’s gastronomy that captures people’s hearts, not to mention their palates.
This four day luxury tour not only includes tastings of incredibly old wines dating back to the nineteen-century, but guided tours of iconic lodges. Madeira wines have graced the tables of European royalty and was named “The King of The Wines” by the American elite nearing the turn of the century. It’s incredibly diverse in style, exciting on the palate, and is wildly unknown to much of the world – until now. By the end of the tour, you’ll not only be a die-hard ambassador of Madeira, but a passionate advocate for its diverse and exciting gastronomy.
- Spend three nights in a boutique five star hotel overlooking the sea
- Guided visit of Funchal’s fresh produce market and cathedral
- Guided visit and premium tasting at two world-renown Madeira lodges
- Full day luxury jeep tour in the mountains, winery tasting and regional lunch
- Half day private boat cruise, wine tasting and regional lunch